4 years ago

Handling China

If China is to really held accountable for this Coronavirus crisis...how should countries especially like US and EU including UK react?

India's stance will also be one to notice, will it go with the flow or still play safe? India still has not blamed China for anthing unlike other few countries. 

Even if countries put sanctions on China or take anyother actions, I dont think this the China we can beat anyhow anymore.

Also, could there be an angle of Capitalism vs Communism here?

.4 years ago

@jayeshdhyani I think dealing with China is not a priority for US, UK, and EU countries right now. They are witnessing a collapsing health care system and an ever weakened economy.

For India, I think it is better to maintain status quo rather than announcing an all-out fight against China, becuse diplomacy must be maintained, specially considering both the coutries operate in a market economy, and China (still) has a major role to play in Indian markets. Moreover, China is an important neighbour for India (keep your friends close and enemy closer type situation)

China is a big enough player that can not be scared away or be contained from the threats of sanctions. Moreover, China is an important participant in every major inter-governmental/international organisation like UNSC, WTO, NSG etc

Please elaborate on the Capitalism vs Communism angle you have mentioned. 

.4 years ago

@prateekchopra Capitalism vs Communism...i wanted to know what others think on this debate and its relevance 

.4 years ago

@jayeshdhyani US and China both are the biggest capitalist there can be. China claims to be communist but in reality, it is also a capitalist country. Don't think that this is about capitalism and communism.

.4 years ago

@jayeshdhyani The blame game is already ON so China won't account that and US will be pressurizing. Countries who are dependent on China for some or the other trades, will play the diplomatic card. As highlighted by Prateek in his video Countries which already are a part of BRI will face the brunt of it and in a critical situation now.US will try hard now as their has been a cold war between them for some time and their GDP were in competition but now it seems China will take an edge over others. India will be a key player and already we have seen that they have not been able to negotiate as again their has been faulty rapid test kits being sent as per initial reports and the total of it will be out shortly. Only way I see is countries will have to unite together to dispatch China. And Russia, India, US all have to come together .

.4 years ago

@Tuhin12 It will be interesting to see which side Russia picks. Russia siding against China is unlikely, I think.

.4 years ago

@Tuhin12 by that means we are heading towards a two bloc scenario again...but I am still finding it hard to imagine how these countries will stop China...

A military war is surely not possible.

.4 years ago

@jayeshdhyani True that, military war is surely a far fetched idea, but I think the world is already i a war like situation. Information warfare, bio weapons, data is the new oil you see.

.4 years ago

@jayeshdhyani They will have to decide by conversing . high level meetings will take place and it is true that we won't be able to beat them. China will only want a win situation. May be if right now the countires which are in some financial position boycoot trade with china like japan is doing we can have a negative impact on them globally and things can get sorted.